Celebrate Merdeka with a Sumptuous Feast
Celebrate Merdeka with a Sumptuous Feast
Malaysia will be celebrating her independence day soon. What a better way to celebrate Merdeka and enjoy a feast at Sunway City.
Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa invites diners for the perfect gastronomic treat with family and friends this National Day atThe Resort Café, where a special highlight of mouth-watering dishes representing the 13 states of Malaysia served alongside a wide variety of local and international dishes on a la carte buffet-to-you dining experience.
The Resort Café will also be serving a variety of Malaysia’s popular and favourite dishes from the 13 states in Malaysia. Diners can look forward to the variety of dishes representing from northern to the southern states.
Here are some of the dishes served during this National Day buffet brunch:
- Pulut Ikan Kering from Perlis
- Cucur Udang from Kedah
- Nasi Kerabu and Keropok Lekor from Terengganu.
- Ayam Percik and Kuih Akok from Kelantan.
- Ikan Patin Masak Tempoyak from Pahang.
- Rendang Tok with Lemang from Perak.
- a variety of Penang specialities like Lobak, Popiah, Rojak Buah and Cendol.
- Satay from Selangor.
- Itik Salai Masak Cili Api and Hakka Mee from Negeri Sembilan.
- Melaka’s famous Kapitan Chicken, Nyonya Fish, assorted Nyonya Kuih and Otak Otak.
- Fish Head Curry from Johor.
- Nasi Kuning from Sabah.
- Sarawak’s Kolo Mee and Layered Cake.
Local and International Dishes
There’s also a variety of both local and international dishes offered on that day.
- At the live-action stations, Doodle for Noodles features homemade hand-pulled noodle ‘La Mian’ or Pasta.
- The Asian Food Trail offers Steam Dumplings, Chee Cheong Fun, Steamed Rice with Salted Fish and Chicken and Bamboo Briyani, Teppanyaki and Maki Rolls.
- At the Treasures of the Rising Sun station and Colours of Life station prepares the Panini with a selection of fillings and some Mexican snacks including nachos and Quesadillas.
- World of Skewers has a variety of grilled meat including the much-loved Satay, Turkish Kebab, Balinese Satay Lilit.
- The Resort Café restaurant’s signature – Churrasco.
- There is also Chicken & Duck Talk station which offers flavoursome Duck or Chicken Rice,
- Fishy News that offers signature Fish Head Curry with Paratha,
- K-Pop Spice of delicious Korean-style Fried Chicken & Pancake,
- Kids R’ Us serving Chicken Nuggets, Sandwiches and Churros especially for the kids,
- Rise and Shine station offers cooking Eggs the way you like them enjoyed with a variety of Fresh Pastries.
- Freeze The Moment station of refreshing desserts like Ice Kacang, Chendol, Tropical Soft Serve and Mocktails.
There are also exciting and interesting activities lined up for kids above 6 years which includes Tiki Tiki mask painting, Malaysian Patriotic Drawing, cupcake decoration and Lūʻau dancing.
The Resort Café’s National Day promotional buffet brunch is available from 11.00 am until 3.00 pm on the eve, Sunday 30 August 2020. The buffet will be priced at RM88 nett per adult and RM48 nett per child (aged between 6 to 12 years old).
2020 TripAdvisor Traveller’s Choice Hotel Awards
Sunway Pyramid Hotel and Sunway Clio Hotel, both located in Sunway City Kuala Lumpur, bagged the 2020 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Award for the first time. Based on reviews submitted by the website’s millions of travellers over the past 12 months, the Travelers’ Choice Awards (formerly Certificate of Excellence) is widely recognised as a direct testament to the outstanding service and quality that guests experience at the Hotel.
“We are truly excited to receive this recognition by TripAdvisor as it is the first time for Sunway Pyramid Hotel & Sunway Clio Hotel, and this is the highest honour by TripAdvisor as they comb through the many reviews and ratings from millions of business listed on the site,” said Alex Castaldi, Senior General Manager for the Cluster of Hotels in Sunway City Kuala Lumpur – Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa, Sunway Pyramid Hotel and Sunway Clio Hotel.
“It has been a challenging year for the hospitality industry globally, and this recognition is a great source of inspiration for all of us here and Malaysians in general as we start to travel domestically once again,” he added.
Sunway Pyramid Hotel and Sunway Clio Hotel
The Travelers’ Choice recognises businesses that consistently earn great user reviews. Travelers’ Choice winners are among the 10% of businesses on Tripadvisor. Winners are calculated based on the millions of reviews and opinions collected in a single year from travellers around the world on Tripadvisor.
The awards take into account the quality and quantity of traveller reviews, and ratings specific to each award category. The hallmark of winners is and will continue to be remarkable service and quality experiences for travellers.
Sunway Pyramid Hotel and Sunway Clio Hotel are both located in the integrated destination of Sunway City Kuala Lumpur, just 25 minutes from the Kuala Lumpur city centre and are an ideal one-stop destination for those looking for a mix of adult and family time.
The Hotel’s choice of family-sized accommodations and convenience remain the selling points for travellers’ with children. This is further complemented by the multitude of leisure facilities and its strategic location of being adjacent to the Sunway Lagoon theme park and Sunway Pyramid shopping mall.
The Sunday brunch buffet dining experience entails a personalised service with dedicated service attendants serving each diner directly at their table. Live-Action Stations are located in the restaurant’s open-exhibition kitchen where a la minute cooking is done upon each order.
Diners are allowed to view the stations and place their orders with the service attendant and have it delivered to their table or order from the menu placed on their table. At the end of the meal, cashless payments are excepted for a complete contactless dining experience.
Guests are expected to scan in using the SELangkah app and all tables and chairs will be arranged according to the government’s SOPs on social distancing guidelines. The Sunday brunch buffet dining experience entails a personalised service with dedicated service attendants serving each diner directly at their table.
The hotels and The Resort Café reopened its door with the assurance of peace of mind to diners and guests have implemented “new norm” best practices and policies to enhance its hygiene practices and protocols in light of combating the spread of COVID-19.
Under the “Sunway Safe Stay” programme, five (5) pillars of safety and hygiene measures comprising of almost 30 protocols of heightened cleaning practices, assurance and wellbeing standards have been implemented, adhering to standards and SOPs issued by the Ministry of Health and World Health Organization.
For more information on the “Sunway Safe Stay” programme and its protocols, visit our website at https://www.sunwayhotels.com/sunway-resort/experiences/sunway-safe-stay.